2020 Got Em On Club – Flounder Shoot Out Series
- The 2020 flounder shootout will piggy back on the 3 intra club flounder points tournaments. With a shootout tournament on Sunday following 3rd points tournament for the top teams to compete.
- The shootout will be a Team Boat tournament.
- All boat occupants must fish the intra club tournaments and pay the $25 entry.
- In order to fish the shootout each Team must sign up and pay onetime $100. (total paid at 1st flounder tournament registration)
- Points will be accumulated under the Team Boat name during the 3 flounder intra club points tournaments. These points are separate from intra club points.
- Any change of boat or team members must be approved by tournament committee.
- A team boat can consist of one person or up to the max allowed on that boat.
- All boat occupants must be members in good standing.
- The four designated Tournaments will be held at Carolina Beach on the following dates:
- Tournament 3 (2 Largest Flounder – Aggregate Weight) – Sun, Aug 16th (Flounder Opening Day)
- Tournament 4 (2 Largest Flounder – Aggregate Weight) – Sat, Sept 5th
- Tournament 5 (2 Largest Flounder – Aggregate Weight) – Sat, Sept 26th (Final Flounder Week)
- Shootout (2 Largest Flounder – Aggregate Weight) – Sun, Sept 27th (Final Flounder Week)
- Tournament registration will be the night prior to each event for the intra club tournaments from 6pm – 8pm at the Lazy Pirate. You must sign up and pay for Shootout at registration on Sat, Aug 15th.
- Weigh-in will be at Carolina Beach Boatyard Dock, between 3:00 and 4:00 pm. You must be in the weigh-in line no later than 4:00pm.
- The same 2 flounder weighed in the three intra club tournaments will be counted for the team shootout points.
- The same point system used for the intra club tournament will be used for the shootout points. But only the teams signed up for the shootout will receive these points.
- After the third tournament the top boats (# to be decided based on entry’s) will start shootout tournament on Sunday with 0 points. Winners will be decided on aggregate weight of max 2 largest flounder caught that day.
- Fishing hours will be from Sunrise until. 4:00 pm.
- All teams that qualify for the final shootout day will check out prior to fishing at the CB (to be determined) and may be boarded prior to checking out.
- All entries must meet current state or federal regulations.
- A team boat can only win one primary prize.
- In the case of a tie, the first fish entered wins. Includes shootout day.
- Amendments to the rules may be announced prior to or at tournament registrations.
2020 Shootout TEAM Points Awarded
Points will be awarded in 5-point increments for all signed up shootout teams that weigh in a fish during the tournament. Only shootout teams will be used to set the places.
The maximum points awarded per tournament is 500.
The First Place Team Boat gets 500 points, Second place gets 495 points, Third 490 points and so on down the line. In order to qualify for these points the team must weigh a fish.
Teams entered that do not weigh in a fish during the tournament will receive 50 points less than the last place shootout team to weigh in a fish.